With binding cords intact, fully saturate hair with water, then shampoo with a sulfate free moisturizing shampoo.
Apply a generous amount of conditioners. Work conditioner through the hair using your fingers to detangle.When sufficiently detangled with fingers, use a wide tooth comb to further detangle the hair. (You may experience some shedding)
Remove cords and separate the clip-ins with conditioner still in the hair. Continue to de-tangle if necessary. Then rinse conditioner out. (Apply your favorite curl enhancer after, this is optional)
Hang and let the hair air dry.
Seal your wefts. (when dry)
For daily maintenance
- Before bed, we recommend you remove the clip ins.
- In the morning, Apply a moisturizing cream. (To reduce frizz and tame curls apply a curl enhancer after)
How to reduce tangling & shedding
- Always seal your wefts
Keep extension sufficiently moisturized
Co-wash and de-tangle frequently, we recommend that you wash your extensions weekly, because Product build-up can weigh down extensions and increase tangling.
- De-tangle from bottom of the weft up to the top using your fingers or wide tooth comb.
- Reduce the use of heating tools and chemical use (ie. dyeing)
RECOMMENDED HAIR PRODUCTS
- Wide tooth comb
- Shea Moisture curl products
- Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave-in Conditioner
- Dritz Fray Check